There is certainly no shortage of resources for students looking to pursue a career in the government. Below, we’ve compiled some resources that may be helpful to you in your job search:
- This is a great place to start looking for jobs with the U.S. government. Keep in mind, however, that this site requires users have a login.gov account and a USAJOBS profile in order to apply for positions.
- Additionally, some agencies post job opportunities to their own websites. If you’re looking for employment in a specific agency, you can search for it here.
- You can find more information about the U.S. Intelligence Community here. This site is especially useful for area studies specialists and linguists.
- Students and recent graduates can visit this site for information regarding hiring pathways and other student programs
- Veterans and those who have served in the military can visit this site for information on Veteran’s preference and special hiring authorities
- More information about Schedule A hiring authorities can be found here.
If you have questions about hiring processes, government employment, etc., feel free to reach out:
- For general questions about State Department Careers: email@example.com
- Bureau of Intelligence and Research (INR) outreach and recruitment: INR-Jobs@state.gov
- Diplomats in Residence Program
- Diplomats in Residence are career Foreign Service Officers and Specialists located throughout the U.S. who provide guidance and advice on careers, internships, and fellowships to interested students. To find a Diplomat in Residence in your area, visit this site.